“NEP 2020 will act as an instrument of change that will lay a strong foundation on which the future of ‘Naya Bharat’ will be built.”SAYS PM NARENDRA MODI
On Friday 7th September, PM Narendra Modi along with the President Ram Nath Kovind delivered the inaugural address at the ‘Conclave on Transformational Reforms in Higher Education under National Education Policy’.
NEP 2020 is the recent change in the education policy of India. Prime minister in his speech addressed all the details related to NEP 2020. He said over the years; education had limited learning through which students could only focus on limited career opportunities. To defeat this challenge, the NEP 2020 was established that will lead to the creative imagination of students with significant learning in different fields. Therefore, the NEP 2020 policy will lead to the foundation of NAYA BHARAT.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the implementation of NEP 2020. He stated that several webinars and conferences are being held for the performance of NEP 2020.
NATIONAL EDUCATIONAL POLICY 2020: HIGHLIGHTS
- NEP 2020 will entirely change the education system in India. Students can opt for different streams at the same time according to their aptitude and can follow their passion. It means a person can have two or more professions together.
- No community can say that NEP 2020 policy is biased towards a particular city. It shows how the NEP 2020 had been long-awaited: PM
- PM Narendra Modi said NEP 2020 would encourage how to think; there will be no more herd mentality.
- Till 5th standard students will be taught in their mother tongue: PM
- Now the standard is being restructured into 5+3+3+4 curriculum: PM
- The objective of the education system is to make the current and future generations ‘future-ready’. Therefore, NEP 2020 will lead to the foundation of NAYA BHARAT.
- PM Narendra Modi mentioned that everyone has to play an essential role in the implementation of NEP 2020. He said, “ As far as political will is concerned, I am with you”.
PM Narendra Modi, in his speech, said that from now onwards, discovery-based, discussion-based, and enquiry based methods would be used to teach children so that there should be total interaction between teacher and students.
The dignity of teachers will be given special care in the country, according to NEP 2020. “The policy emphasis on training of teachers and continuously upskilling them”- PRIME MINISTER.
Social Pillars’s Say
Within one week, 15 lakh suggestions are being received for the implementation of NEP 2020 said PM Narendra Modi while addressing the conclave on ‘School Education in 21st Century’ organised by the Ministry of Education as a part of Shiksha Parv.
Now, let’s see when NEP 2020 will be implemented and will it achieve the goals. Further updates related to implementation will be coming soon.